The Rete Algorithm Series: Part 1 Answer
In Part 1 of this blog series, we introduced the Rete Algorithm and its origin. I ran a poll on the origin of the Rete name. Thank you all for your participation!
Let me now share the results of our little poll on the origin of the name……………………
Let me remind you the options:
- RETE – per the Latin word for net
- RETE – per the Latin word for comb, which refers more precisely to the first part of the network called the discrimination tree
- RETE – per the Latin word for comb, in that case referring to the complex structure of a honeycomb
- RETE – per the Italian word for network or fishing net
- RETE – per the English word for an anatomical network of blood vessels and nerve fibers
- RETE – per the English word for the pierced plate on an astrolabe, having projections whose points correspond to the fixed stars
- RETE – as Rete California, Sonoma County’s ultimate shopping destination for guys and gals with discriminating taste in designer brands, referring to the complex network of shops
And the answer is in this short video! Do check it out as the answer is going to surprise more than 9 out 10 of the respondents!
I want to thank Michael for his Xtranormal skills.