Designed with business analysts in mind
- Administrate decisions intuitively
- Automate intelligent customer interactions
- Orchestrate no-code business apps
See SMARTS™ in Action
ADMINISTRATE DECISIONS INTUITIVELY
Give non-technical users full control over decision management
- User-friendly interface: author, test, and deploy rules, create predictive models, run experiments and more through point-and-click
- Expressive language: create rules that are easy to understand
- Flexible graphical representations: choose how to organize and display rule sets
- Fully-integrated dashboards: build custom visual reports to measure performance through drag-and-drop
Changing the display of a rule set for a Mobile Rewards Program
Example patient intake form managed by a Dynamic Questionnaire
Managing interactions through a graphical flow. In this example, an applicant will first be asked a series of “Applicant Info” questions.
AUTOMATE INTELLIGENT CUSTOMER INTERACTIONS
Manage data collection and improve the customer experience through Dynamic Questionnaires
- Create responsive customer interactions, including
- Diagnosing customer issues
- Determining eligibility and pricing for offers
- Configuring products and services
- Organize complex interactions through a graphical flow of pages, questions, and decision logic
- Easily integrate questionnaires into your front end
- Ensure customers only see the questions that are relevant to them while you efficiently collect the data you need for decisioning
- Create a more personalized customer experience
- Reduce customer friction and online application abandonment
- Improve decisioning speed and quality
ORCHESTRATE NO-CODE BUSINESS PROCESSES
Simplify decision management even further through Business Apps and Orchestrations
- Build custom no-code interfaces to highlight specific tasks
- Collaborate with other users to establish step-by-step workflows with no limit on the number of steps
Example unstyled business app used to manage eligibility and risk tiering rules. Users may apply their own logo and CSS styling.
Example orchestration to manage various steps including retrieving/storing external data, generating test data, and configuring the end-user interface.
Your Next Steps
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
Our “Decision Management 101” series is designed for business leaders who are unfamiliar with decision management and are currently facing challenges with automation, adaptability, and scalability. In Part 3, we cover what to look for in a decision management system.
Our “Decision Management 101” series is designed for business leaders who are unfamiliar with decision management and are currently facing challenges with automation, adaptability, and scalability. In Part 2, we cover how decision management can address business growth challenges.
Collecting data from customers, both internal and external, is a crucial step in the decisioning process and how organizations collect that data can make or break a relationship. SMARTS™ Dynamic Questionnaires enables organizations to tailor the experience to each customer.